Sunday, July 24, 2005

Calling people out

A lot of people from both sides are whining about Herenton being in control now, blah, blah, blah. No, he isn't. Why? Just because his people helped get Kuhn elected doesn't mean he is now the Don again.

The Coalition is doing something that is vital to the future of the SCDP. They are getting true believers who want to take back the party at a state wide and national level. They are not the insulated people who only want to win local elections and get elected people who will return pork barrel patronage to the local areas. Also, these people are getting younger people involved and energized about the elections. It's a good thing when they are with me or can be patted on the head and told to wait their turn while nothing happens and eventually they give up. Well, the Coaltion isn't going to do this. I am not one of them. I know none of their leadership. I don't like some of them. But I applaud their tactics.

Leon Gray has a talk show. Good luck Leon. Those first few weeks of people bitching about traitiorous Dems is going to be fun to listen to. I'm just pissed that I can no longer get Majority Report. I can't stand Randi Rhodes. I like Sam and Jeannine.

Dell Gill has sent out an email stating that whitey is selling out black candidates by voting for them in the primary, but against them in the general. Well, no shit. All politics is local, said Tip O'Neil.

I know I just mangled that. But a lot of the candidates he refers to will not campaign in majority white districts. Roscoe could have won if he had just sent literature out in Kernell and Marrero's districts with their door to door people. I hate to say this, but relying on the Whitehaven-South Memphis turnout to win you an election ain't going to happen. If you don't campaign in white working class areas of Mid-Town, Raleigh, Frasier, Millington, and Arlington, your not going to win.

I agree that the polling numbers for those areas don't skew our way. But, you got to give people a reason to vote for you. If you just ignore an area, then our progressive message will not get out. People will believe everything they see on TV. Oh, here's another tip, give out a home or at least a cell number where you can be reached for comments. Calling a headquarters at election time, you office (long-distance) in Nashville, or your local one don't count when the one's here are never open.

Out

1 Comments:

At 11:14 PM, Blogger Steve Steffens said...

I sent your link out to the email list, so be prepared for the onslaught...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home